Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sound of drums

Recently I watched "Rock On".. Simply brilliant.. I had a desire of playing drums one day but I guess in the rat race it faded out.. But now I again want to learn to play drums.. I enquired about the price and quality of several drums.. Cheapest ones are Indian made costing around 4 to 5K and avg ones cost around 10K.. Imported ones will cost me a whopping 30K to 50K.. I guess I am going to but the Indian ones for the time being.. Initially ill learn with those and if Im any good then Ill go for the imported ones.. Learning drums is going to take time but Im ready to devote time in something which I know Im going to enjoy doing..
There is something about the drum beats, whenever I hear them my hands think they are holding drum sticks and my mind thinks there is an imaginary drum set infornt of me.. And automatically my hands start playing on those imaginary drums.. I guess I shud give it a try.. In the worst case Ill be no good but atleast Ill come to know of one more thing Im not capable of doing.. And if I learn to play drums then it ll be one of the real achievements in my life.. I havent really achieved anything till now which I really wanted to achieve.. Strange.. People around me know what they want to do and is mostly related to their careers or higher education but I am not interested in any of those.. I just want to do what attracts me.. Of course it shudnt harm anyone else.. But in some hard times we need to pay a price..

Enough said, Im off to beat some drums..

No comments: